Rich and Delicious!
Make and share this Homemade Cream of Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large potatoes, peeled diced and cooked until tender
- 1 cup onion, diced and sautee'd
- 1 cup celery, diced and sautee'd
- 2 (11 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons minced roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a large stew pot add the Potatoes, Onions, Celery, and minced Garlic. ( you can substitute Garlic powder if you like)
- Next add the Soup and do not add any additional liquid.
- Then add, Heavy Cream Spices and Cheese if you choose.
- Bring to a simmer until it's hot thru and thru or until the cheese melts.
- Serve with Cornbread or Over Slices of fresh Sourdough bread! Enjoy!
This is a great soup for cold days