1/2 Photos of Homemade Cream of Potato Soup
Donna Luckadoo's Note:
Rich and Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large potatoes, peeled diced and cooked until tender
- 1 cup onion, diced and sautee'd
- 1 cup celery, diced and sautee'd
- 2 (11 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons minced roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1In a large stew pot add the Potatoes, Onions, Celery, and minced Garlic. ( you can substitute Garlic powder if you like)
- 2Next add the Soup and do not add any additional liquid.
- 3Then add, Heavy Cream Spices and Cheese if you choose.
- 4Bring to a simmer until it's hot thru and thru or until the cheese melts.
- 5Serve with Cornbread or Over Slices of fresh Sourdough bread! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cream of Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.4
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 937.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g