1/6 Photos of Homemade Cream of Broccoli Soup
Munchkin Mama's Note:
You can have this to the table in under 30 minutes. Although it is easy and quick to prepare, you really have to be at the stove for the whole 30 minutes. It has great flavor on its own, but feel free to add some cheddar cheese or crumbled bacon to the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the 6 T. butter. Add in the flour and stir until blended; do not brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, melt the 2 T. butter. Add onion; cook until tender. Add chopped broccoli florets, cook and stir about 6 minutes. Add the chicken broth. Increase the heat at this point and bring to a boil. Whisking constantly, add the flour mixture. Cook and stir until soup is thickened and bubbly.
- 3Lastly, add in the salt, pepper, and half & half. Heat through and serve hot. Note: The soup will thicken upon standing.
- 4You can substitute cauliflower or broccoflower in place of the broccoli.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.2
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 1942.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 13.3 g