Recipe by Kim in Walnut Creek
Ina Garten prepared this on her Thanksgiving special. The reviews on the food network website were outstanding, so I tried it and wholeheartedly agree! Preparation time includes chilling; prep and cook time is under 30 minutes.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the cranberries, sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the skins pop open.
- Add the apple, zests and juices and let cook for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the raisins and nuts.
- Let cool, and serve chilled.