1/1 Photo of Homemade Cranberry Pancakes
Susan L Lewis's Note:
This was a spur-of-the moment, spontaneous creation, Thanksgiving morning. My very finicky teenager took one bite, said "mmmmmmmmm" cleaned her plate, and asked for more. Normally she eats about two thirds of her breakfast! I embellished a basic pancake recipe. They are indescribably delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg, beaten until nice and fluffy
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk (any kind is fine, this is what I use)
- 1 cup unbleached flour (all purpose is fine)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (don't increase this, it kills the texture)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (I use original Craisins)
- 11. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon, stirring together with a whisk works very well. Add the cranberries, whisk gently, until well distributed.
- 22. Measure out the milk, add the oil, and the beaten egg, to the measuring cup with the milk. Mix well.
- 33. Pour wet ingredients into dry, stir gently, use a rubber spatula at this stage, stir just enough to combine and moisten, there will be large lumps, don't worry about that.
- 44. Put the batter aside, to rest a few minutes.
- 55. Preheat a non-stick skillet, seasoned with vegetable oil (Put a little oil on a paper towel, and wipe over bottom and halfway up sides of pan.) over medium low heat until a drop of cold water skitters, sizzles, and evaporates.
- 66. Pour pancake batter, by 1/4 cupfuls, into hot skillet.
- 77. When the surface begins to bubble, and the edges look dry, gently turn them over.
- 88. Turn only once.
- 99. Serve with either regular syrup (not maple, it would overwhelm) or a little bit of butter and a dash of cinnamon sugar.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cranberry Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.5 mg
- Sodium 401.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g