pink cook's Note:
This is a good remedy for cough in adults. Apple cider vinegar has anti-bacterial and detoxifying properties. Honey coats the throat providing soothing relief to irritated and sore throats, and the cayenne pepper opens up congested nasal passages and relieves pain. I also add lemon juice for flavor and Vitamin C. Note: the taste is a little spicy but good and what it is better, it really works!.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour water and apple cider vinegar to heat into a saucepan. Then add honey and stir until honey is dissolved. Add ginger and cayenne pepper to the mixture.
- 2Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Allow the liquid to cool, then pour it into a glass jar for storage in a refrigerator.
- 4To relieve cough, take 1 tablespoon two times a day, or as needed.
- 5NOTE: Always adjust the dosage according to the age of the person and the severity of the cough. And because there is honey involved, this would not be a cough syrup for babies, infants or very young children.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cough Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g