1/2 Photos of Homemade Cottage Cheese
I'll be honest and say I haven't tried this yet but I was just so intrigued by the idea of making my own cottage cheese that I had to share.
My Private Note
- 1Heat the milk to 190F.
- 2You will need a thermometer for other cheeses but you can get by here turning off the heat just before the milk begins to boil.
- 3Add the vinegar and allow the mixture to cool.
- 4When cool, pour the mixture, which now consists of curds and whey into a colander and drain off the whey.
- 5Pour the curds into a bowl and sprinkle on the salt and mix well.
- 6You may wish to use less salt or more, depending on your taste.
- 7A little cream could also be added, for a more silky variation.
- 8Now the best part, enjoy fresh or use in a cooked dish such as a lasagna!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cottage Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (4061 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2225.5
- Calories from Fat 701
- Total Fat 77.9 g
- Saturated Fat 48.4 g
- Cholesterol 314.8 mg
- Sodium 4650.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 216.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 207.0 g
- Protein 155.4 g