Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
My friend, Connie invited us over for tacos one day and to my surprise, she was making tortillas from scratch. They probably aren't "authentic" as one reviewer suggested, but this is the way she does it. It was impressive anyway!
- Using electric mixer, mix all ingredients together.
- Heat griddle to medium heat.
- Spray griddle with mist of oil.
- Using 1/2 cup measuring cup, fill about 2/3 full with batter.
- Spread batter out onto griddle with spoon.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side.
We love these, authentic or not! They taste great and make a delicious wrap for fillings. These are also the way my MIL makes them, so hubby loves when we make these. They are easy to do on a griddle and don't take all that long to make. Thank You!
These are easy to make, which is nice, but these are NOT real corn tortillas. They taste just fine, but if you want real corn tortillas look elsewhere: you have to buy special masa harina, which is simply mixed with water and rolled. Don't expect an authentic Mexican food taste!
I didn't know WHAT I was doing so I can't really make a rating. The only thing I can really say (probably my fault) is that they came out thick and eggy-more like pancakes than anything.