tornadoes three's Note:
Tasty, Traditonal corn tortillas. They are better homemade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine Masa Harina and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- 2Add boiling water and stir until dough resembles, thick, cooked cereal.
- 3Wet hands and form dough into balls the size of an egg.
- 4Place each ball of dough between two lightly moistened pieces of waxed paper and flatten to about 1/8 inch thick, using a tortilla press, rolling pin, or pressure from the hands. Remove tortilla from waxed paper.
- 5Heat griddle or skillet on medium-high heat.
- 6Place each tortilla on the griddle and cook for approximately 1 minute on each side.
- 7(Tortillas should be lightly speckled.).
- 8* Masa Harina is available in the cereal section of most grocery stores.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Corn Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.3
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g