Posted by request. Times are estimates.
Make and share this Homemade Corn Syrup Substitute ( Simple Syrup ) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and put cover for 3 minutes to get sugar crystals off the sides of the pan.
- Uncover and simmer, stirring often, until it reaches the soft ball stage.
- Cool and store in a covered container at room temperature.
- Your syrup should keep for about 2 months.
- Makes about 2 cups.