Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
I got this recipe from one of my 5 telephone company cookbooks! It's very easy and delicious. I've had to give it out many times.
- Club crackers
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Line a 9"x13" pan with Club crackers.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, both sugars, milk and margarine in glass bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir, then microwave on high for 3 more minutes.
- Stir, then pour over crackers in pan.
- Add another layer of Club crackers.
- Combine peanut butter and chocolate chips in another glass bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread over 2nd layer of crackers.
Yummy! They definately were crumbly when cut, I have tried freezing them after they were cut, but not out of the pan. That seemed to help, but they melt quick. I wonder if parchment paper underneath them might make cutting and serving easier. Then, I could just pull out the paper and peel it off. Definately sinful, as I can't seem to stop eating them.
i made these last night for thanksgiving and they are gone!!! i tasted one and our neighbors taste testd some and DH tried a "few" and now i have to make another batch. are these ever wonderful!!!!i used low sodium Club crackers.
These are really really good and for taste deserve 5+ stars. I would give 3 stars for ease of prep and cutting, though. They created a lot of dishes (a pet peeve) and after chilling were difficult to cut - I ended up using a metal spatula to slice through because a knife just wasn't working. The first one I dished out the layers didn't want to stick together and the bottom cracker stuck to the pan but the rest seemed to be OK. Now that that's all over with though I'm looking forward to eating them! They taste *great*!! Thanks CaramelPie :)