Delicious recipe and the great part is that there is no MSG, excess salt and fat....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. In medium-sized saucepan, boil chicken broth, 1/2 cup of the milk, and the seasonings for a minute or two (longer if using fresh onions or garlic).
- 22. In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk and flour. Add to boiling mixture and continue whisking briskly until mixture boils and thickens.
- 3Additional Notes:
- 4use the broth from oven-roasted chicken. Refrigerate broth and then take fat off the top. If you're using chicken bouillon + water for your broth, you may want to add a little extra seasonings, such as lemon pepper, extra garlic, or seasoned salt, since broth normally has bits of those in it. You can also add bits of chicken, but if you have good rich chicken broth, you probably won't need any chicken in it.
- 5+++Or, diced onions (boil with broth for a few minutes).
- 6***Or, fresh minced garlic (boil with broth for a few minutes).
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 627.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.8 g