Recipe by Xabbyy
Delicious recipe and the great part is that there is no MSG, excess salt and fat....
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In medium-sized saucepan, boil chicken broth, 1/2 cup of the milk, and the seasonings for a minute or two (longer if using fresh onions or garlic).
- 2. In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk and flour. Add to boiling mixture and continue whisking briskly until mixture boils and thickens.
- Additional Notes:
- use the broth from oven-roasted chicken. Refrigerate broth and then take fat off the top. If you're using chicken bouillon + water for your broth, you may want to add a little extra seasonings, such as lemon pepper, extra garlic, or seasoned salt, since broth normally has bits of those in it. You can also add bits of chicken, but if you have good rich chicken broth, you probably won't need any chicken in it.
- +++Or, diced onions (boil with broth for a few minutes).
- ***Or, fresh minced garlic (boil with broth for a few minutes).