1/3 Photos of Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken or Mushroom or Celery Soup
You have these ingredients already. So save yourself a trip to the store, some money, and some sodium. Here's a flavorful condensed cream of chicken soup base recipe for use in dishes that call for canned creamed soups. Use instead of condensed canned cream soups in recipes. Just add the ingredient that forms the basis of the soup. Chop mushrooms, sauté in a bit of olive oil and add for cream of mushroom soup. Add chicken for cream of chicken soup. Chop & sauté celery for, you guessed it, cream of celery. (As found at tammysrecipes.com/homemade_cream_chicken_soup ) Yields 3 cups -- about 2 (10.5 oz) cans of condensed cream of 'whatever'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium-sized saucepan, boil chicken broth, 1/2 cup of the milk, and the seasonings for a minute or two (longer if using fresh onions or garlic).
- 2In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of milk and flour. Add to boiling mixture and continue whisking briskly until mixture boils and thickens.
- 3Add the ingredient that forms the basis of the soup. Chop mushrooms, saute in a bit of olive oil and add for cream of mushroom soup. Add chicken for cream of chicken soup.
- 4*Don't have poultry seasoning? Make your own like I did -- try the recipezaar Homemade Poultry Seasoning - Homemade Poultry Seasoning.
- 5This is awesome in my posted recipe "Easy Chicken & Noodles -- the Best" Easy Chicken & Noodles -- the Best. It makes that recipe not quite as easy, but less salty and more delicious. I would double this recipe and freeze extra if using it for that purpose.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken or Mushroom or Celery Soup
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 313.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: