Recipe by yobuck285
This is a recipe from Organic Gardening Magazine. I like it because it features fresh, organic, produce and it is well balanced - not too tangy and not too sweet. A great quality wine or vinegar will also really make a difference in the taste!
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, very thinkly sliced
- 3 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- pickled jalapeno pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Mix the mustard, mayonnaise and vinegar in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Combine the cabbages, carrots, fennel seeds, jalapenos (if using), and dressing in the bowl. Toss so that everything is evenly coated and season with more salt and pepper.