504 hrs 30 mins
This recipe for great tasting homemade coffee liquor is sure to spark conversation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups alcohol (vodka for Kahlua, rum for Tia Maria)
- 1 cup dry instant coffee (dark brew provides stronger coffee flavor While fresh ground coffee leads to tastier Kahlua and Tia ) or 1/2 cup fresh ground coffee (dark brew provides stronger coffee flavor While fresh ground coffee leads to tastier Kahlua and Tia )
- 1 vanilla beans or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Boil the water and sugar in large pot, until sugar is completely dissolved. Stir.
- 2Remove from heat, cool for half an hour.
- 3Slowly add in the dry instant or fresh ground coffee, stirring continuously.
- 4Add vanilla to the alcohol (vodka or rum), pour into gallon jug.
- 5Combine cooled sugar syrup and coffee mixture with the vodka or rum in gallon jug.
- 6Cover tightly, and shake every day for three weeks. Store in cool, dark place.
- 7After three weeks, remove vanilla bean (if used) and strain coffee grounds (if fresh ground coffee was used). Discard vanilla bean and coffee grounds.
Browse Our Top Novelty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Coffee Liqueur
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: