A much more cost-effective way to have coconut milk on hand. One pound of dried coconut will make gallons of coconut milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil. Put the coconut in a blender.
- 2Pour the water into the blender.
- 3Use a towel to hold the lid on tight. Pulse the blender to get it going, then blend for about 30 seconds, until smooth.
- 4Let rest for 10 minutes.
- 5Pour through a strainer. The milk will be fairly thick, if you want more milk, just pour up to another 2 cups of water through the coconut. Press the coconut to extract as much liquid as possible.
- 6Use immediately or freeze indefinitely.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (928 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1499.5
- Calories from Fat 1319
- Total Fat 146.6 g
- Saturated Fat 130.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 91.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 37.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 15.6 g