Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A much more cost-effective way to have coconut milk on hand. One pound of dried coconut will make gallons of coconut milk.
- Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil. Put the coconut in a blender.
- Pour the water into the blender.
- Use a towel to hold the lid on tight. Pulse the blender to get it going, then blend for about 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer. The milk will be fairly thick, if you want more milk, just pour up to another 2 cups of water through the coconut. Press the coconut to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Use immediately or freeze indefinitely.
Beautiful. A little extra work, but the outcome is worth it. I've already used this method for several different dishes and it's awesome. Cheers!