Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
This sounds really easy! Someone please tell me how/where to buy cheesecloth and I will make it myself! Dh got me Cheesecloth!!! Thank you everyone that let me know! Now I just gotta get this done!
- In a medium-size kettle, heat the water, but do not bring it to a boil.
- Place the coconut in a blender and add 1 cup of the hot water.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes.
- Place a colander in a bowl and line the colander with 4 thicknesses of cheesecloth.
- Pour the blended coconut mixture into the cheesecloth and twist to extract the milk, letting the milk go into the bowl.
- Return the coconut pulp to the blender and add the remaining 1/2 cup of hot water. Blend for 1-2 minutes, strain and press through the cheesecloth into the bowl.
You can purchase a cheesecloth from your local grocer, its usually where all the gadgets are sold. You can also buy a cheesecloth from Bed,Bath & Beyond and Linens and Things.
This is nice and creamy I could almost drink it. It was better than another do it yourself coconut milk in which the water wasn't heated that I have tried. It was just a bit tedious and messy with the cheese cloth. I may use this recipe again.