Julie B's Hive's Note:
Coconut cream fresh from your kitchen. Found on About.com when researching recipes for ZWT5. To be used in savory dishes, desserts, and drinks. Use within five days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 coconut, shell removed and flesh grated, coconut water reserved
- reserved coconut water, PLUS enough cream to measure 1 quart
- 1In a heavy saucepan, cover the grated coconut with the coconut water and cream. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring often. Cover with a lid and let cool to room temperature.
- 2Place a sieve or strainer over a large bowl. Line it with a double layer of cheesecloth. Pour the soaked coconut with its liquid into the lined strainer. Lift the cheesecloth, pull the edges together, and squeeze out the coconut cream.
- 3The remaining coconut flesh may be air-dryed and/or toasted for other uses.
- 4Refrigerate the coconut cream and use within 5 days.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Coconut Cream
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: