Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
this is in a taste of home 1999 cookbook it was submitted by heidi harrington I have not made this but it sounded intersting Do not know how long it takes so cooking time is really a guess
- 60 white clover blossoms
- 40 red clover blossoms
- 3 rose petals (WILD)
- 5 lbs sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon powdered alum
- use fresh blossoms; remove all green stems.
- wash clover and rose petals throughly in cool running water;
- drain well.
- pat dry.
- place in large metal bowl and set aside.
- in large heavy saucepan bring sugar, water and alum to a boil; stirring constantly.
- boil without stirring until candy thermorther.
- reaches 220 degree;.
- remove from heat.
- pour the above over clover and wild rose petals.
- let stand 45 minutes.
- pour through double thickness of cheesecloth;.
- discard clovers and petals.
- pour honey in jars.
- store in fridge.
- do not use chemically treated plants.
Louise in Kap, I had already made another recipe and found that this one didn't have any flowers so I added some. I also seeped the blossoms for two hours. After straining through the cheesecloth, I put the honey to boil again before pouring in the jars.