1/3 Photos of Homemade Cliff Bars (No Bake!)
From Enlightened Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups crisp rice cereal (e.g., Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried fruit (e.g., raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries, etc.)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (preferably roasted or toasted)
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (or honey, maple syrup, or light molasses)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup nut butter (e.g., peanut, almond, cashew, soynut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1Combine the rice cereal, oats, flaxseed meal, dried fruit, and nuts in a large bowl.
- 2Bring the syrup and brown sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in nut butter and vanilla until blended.
- 3Pour nut butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until coated (mixture will be stiff). Press mixture firmly into an 8-inch square pan (sprayed with nonstick cooking spray) using a large square of wax paper.
- 4Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 12 bars.
- 5(Wrap bars tightly in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator).
- 7Chocolate Chip Cookie: Replace the dried fruit with an equal amount of semisweet miniature chocolate chips (or carob chips). Combine the cereal mixture with the syrup mixture, then let the combined mixture stand 10 minutes before adding the chips.
- 8Peanut Butter Cookie: Use chopped dates for the dried fruit and dry roasted peanuts for the nuts. Use honey, or half honey-half molasses for the syrup and peanut butter for the nut butter.
- 9Will You Cherry Me? Use chopped dried tart cherries for the fruit and lightly salted roasted almonds for the nuts. Use any nut butter (almond butter is great, but I know, very expensive, and add 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.
- 10Apple Pie: Use chopped dried apples for the fruit and rice syrup or honey for the syrup. Be sure to add the cinnamon option, and use toasted walnuts or pecans for the nuts.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cliff Bars (No Bake!)
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.0
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
brown rice syrup