Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Use this easy to make clay for kids crafts they can paint - good for Christmas decorations or just rainy day fun. From Homebasics Fall 2004.
- Combine flour and salt in mixing bowl.
- Gradually add water and vegetable oil.
- Combine until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Mould into desired shapes.
- Bake at 250 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Paint and spray with acrylic spray.
This dough turned out entirely too soft. I added a ton of flour and thought it would be OK, but it was a mess the next day. It probably would have worked if we were just cutting out shapes, but it would not hold a 3D form.
This worked nicely for me. Our Bible class instructor wanted us to make a completely homeade present for a certain classmate. The dough was awfully sticky, but with mom's help I finally got it to work. I added green food colouring & made a Christmas tree out of it. Thanks for posting!
Great activity! My kids loved this one. I wish I received Homebasics... Keep the tips coming! I did find the website though: http://www.homebasics.ca