Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cinnamon rolls that are so good you won't want to share them with anyone! Made from a biscut style dough and made with heavy whipping cream to make a softer dough. Sooooooooo good!
- Preheat oven to 350â�° F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into large mixing bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter or pastry blender, cut in butter to flour mixture. Continue to cut butter until mixture is almost as fine as corn meal.
- Add the heavy whipping cream in small doses stirring with a fork after every dose. The dough should not be sticky but should not be dry a crumbly either.
- Roll dough into long rectangular shape.
- Brush melted butter onto the side of the dough facing upward. Be sure to cover all of the showing dough.
- In a medium bowl mix brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle buttered dough evenly with sugar mixture.
- Roll dough up from the long side. Pinch the dough along the edge.
- Cut into 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces, depending on how big you like your cinnamon rolls, and place cut side up on a greased cake pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 min or until lightly browned and when toothpick or then knife is inserted it comes out clean.
- Brush remaining butter on cinnamon rolls.
- * For a delicious icing place powdered sugar in a medium bowl and add milk in small increments stirring each time. Continue to add milk until mixture is a moderately thick liquid, not runny.
- *Add about 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to the mixture. Add more if desired and stir,.
- * Using a large spoon, drizzle icing onto cinnamon rolls. For less sticky eating, wait until icing has hardened a little before eating.
- ***For those that like nuts, add pecans to cinnamon rolls in step 8. It gives the cinnamon rolls a great flavor.