1/2 Photos of Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon rolls that are so good you won't want to share them with anyone! Made from a biscut style dough and made with heavy whipping cream to make a softer dough. Sooooooooo good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350â�° F.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into large mixing bowl.
- 3Using a pastry cutter or pastry blender, cut in butter to flour mixture. Continue to cut butter until mixture is almost as fine as corn meal.
- 4Add the heavy whipping cream in small doses stirring with a fork after every dose. The dough should not be sticky but should not be dry a crumbly either.
- 5Roll dough into long rectangular shape.
- 6Brush melted butter onto the side of the dough facing upward. Be sure to cover all of the showing dough.
- 7In a medium bowl mix brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- 8Sprinkle buttered dough evenly with sugar mixture.
- 9Roll dough up from the long side. Pinch the dough along the edge.
- 10Cut into 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces, depending on how big you like your cinnamon rolls, and place cut side up on a greased cake pan or cookie sheet.
- 11Bake for 15-20 min or until lightly browned and when toothpick or then knife is inserted it comes out clean.
- 12Brush remaining butter on cinnamon rolls.
- 13* For a delicious icing place powdered sugar in a medium bowl and add milk in small increments stirring each time. Continue to add milk until mixture is a moderately thick liquid, not runny.
- 14*Add about 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to the mixture. Add more if desired and stir,.
- 15* Using a large spoon, drizzle icing onto cinnamon rolls. For less sticky eating, wait until icing has hardened a little before eating.
- 17***For those that like nuts, add pecans to cinnamon rolls in step 8. It gives the cinnamon rolls a great flavor.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.3
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 440.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g