Recipe by Danny Beason
Better Homes & Gardens
Top Review by Pauliock
Wow! This makes a delicious ice cream! It was easy to make and will go nicely with our Fourth of July apple pie! The only problem is that it's so good and makes a small batch, will definitely double it the next time. We made it w/2% milk and it still was still wonderful. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring heavy cream, milk,vanilla bean and cinnamon sticks to a simmer and cook for 12 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and egg yolks.
- Very slowly add cream mixture, a little at a time, stirring constantly until eggs are warm to the touch.
- Add mixture back to the saucepan and cook over low hear until the mixture coats the back of the spoon.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove the vanilla bean and cinnamon sticks.
- Freeze according to ice cream manufacture's directions.
- This makes a small freezer of ice cream.