Recipe by YummySmellsca
The thick, gooey cinnamon filling in bakery sticky buns can be yours to use at home - this recipe came from one of our local bakers and works well for scones, cinnamon bread and even crumb bar fillings too.
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat together shortening, butter, sugar, and honey until well blended.
- Whisk together cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cornstarch in a small dish.
- Add to the butter mixture and blend in well.
- Store in a tightly covered container up to 2 months in the fridge. Stir well before using.