Recipe by bobswagman
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
This makes a nice no fuss pasta sauce. I like the fact that there is no sugar as we find many spaghetti sauces to be too sweet. I must admit that we missed the fresh herbs though. Thanks for posting. Made and reviewed for Spring 2011 PAC.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed and minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch over, cook onion in olive oil on medium-high heat for 3 minutes until onions soften. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Turn to simmer and add tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 2 hours until flavors develop. Store in fridge.