Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe from a Sugar Bowl cookbook. Tried it out one day when I was out of Hershey's and it works great. Son loves it.
- Combine sugar, water, cocoa and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Serve as you would on anything that you need Hershey's syrup for.
This was so good! The flavor was so perfect. However, it was thinner than what I wanted so I added a Tablespoon of flour. It didn't change the taste but it made it just the perfect thickness. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe!
Having Star Buck fans has had me making hot chocolate and the Chocolate Lattes. It was decided to try the old fashioned homemade syrup to use in these hot drinks. I was a little hesitant when it came to adding the sugar but found it just right for making those lattes and when it came to the vanilla - used the real stuff! Both agreed - five stars for this excellent chocolate syrup. Thank you Sherrybeth.