Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is better tasting pudding then the kind you make from a mix.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- M&M's plain chocolate candy (optional)
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar,cocoa, salt and cornstarch.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat;boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes.
- Chill until serving.
- Sprinkle with M&M's if desired.
I chose this Chocolate pudding recipe for it's simple ingredients, but it turned out to be so good I had to keep making it over and over again. It's fast, it simple, it does not require very many ingredients and the directions are simple and easy to understand. It makes great chocolate gravy too! Thank you for your post!
Good pudding! Quick, simple, and quite tasty. I have some pudding junkies in my house, though I just don't care for pudding... They loved it! I put in some semi-sweets and let them partially melt so it was chunky-chocolate. They thought it was a nice touch. Thanks for posting! ~LindseyMarie *His blood has washed away my sins, Jesus thank you. The Father's wrath completely satisfied, Jesus thank you. Once an enemy, now seated at your table, Jesus Thank you!*