Recipe by karen
I found this recipe in a dessert cookbook that only includes recipes with 5 ingredients or less that can be made in 10 minutes. I haven't made this yet, but I never keep chocolate pudding in the house and figure it will come in handy one of these days. Since I'm trying to cook more from scratch and avoiding packaged goods with ingredients that I can't pronounce, this one seems like a keeper.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk (whole milk was recommended in the original recipe)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 qt saucepan, whisk together sugar and cornstarch until well blended. Whisk in milk until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate with a large knife or in a food processor, then add to saucepan.
- Cook over medium to medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, and the chocolate is melted and smooth. This should take about 5-7 minutes total heating time.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into 4 dessert size dishes.
- Serve warm or refrigerate until cold.