Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My great-grandmother's homemade chocolate pudding. Mom has had this recipe forever, when we want real pudding this is where we go. Original calls for Milnot which is an old brand name of evaporated milk. I'm not really sure about the 6oz can of evaporated milk. The large evaporated milk can being 12oz is likely correct but the other can is just smaller than the 12 oz, not having one on hand we think it is 6 oz. Cook time is an estimate. We like to eat it hot, very little ever makes it to cool!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 30 ounces warm water (equal amount to evaporated milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Sift sugar, flour, and cocoa together several times (or just mix it all in together real well).
- Mix in evaporated milk, water and salt together.
- Cook in a heavy sauce pan until thickened enough for pudding.
- Add 2 teaspoons vanilla. Pour into bowl to cool. (or eat it hot, yum yum!).