Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had a special request to make something gluten free, and I had no idea how easy it was to make your own chocolate chips. Wow. I love this. Serving size is estimated. Recipe courtesy of thecoconutmama.com.
- 1 cup cocoa butter or 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup raw honey or 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Gently heat all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Mix until ingredients are combined and chocolate sauce is smooth.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour chocolate over parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer. Freeze for 2 to 3 hours or until chocolate is completely hard.
- Remove chocolate from freezer and break it into chunks. You can use your hands. Then chop chocolate into small chocolate chip size pieces.
- Store chocolate chips in freezer. These can be used just like store bought chocolate chips.