Prep 24 hrs
Cook 5 mins
I'm a fan of bagels with scoops of whipping cream cheese! Unfortunately it is very unhealthy so I found this alternative and love it! I get this yogurt in a local Indian grocery store, and I'm sure you can find it in any Parkistini, Middle Eastern or Greek grocery stores as well. This type of yogurt is much richer and thicker. Please be sure to use whole-milk but not fat-free yogurt. I like my creamy cheese to have very strong flavor so I put extra amount for this recipe but you may adjust to half to your liking.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 green onions
- 3 teaspoons fresh chives (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Drain the yogurt with cheesecloth (papertowel or coffee filter) overnight.
- Mix everything together.
- Spread over bagel or serve as a dip.
Not quite the same but a good substitute. I love strong flavors as well so I didn't adjust the seasonings at all as it was really good this way.