Recipe by Wing-Man
Custom blend your own chile powder by picking your peppers and grinding away. Actually a blender or food processor will do it for you. Start with a single type of dried pepper such as anchos (mild), chipotles (medium) or habaneros (hot), or pick a blend for complexity. You can adjust the number of peppers according to how much you use in 6 months. I had to have at least 2 ingredients in this recipe for it to be excepted. The servings are JUST a number.
- 10 dried hot chili peppers
- 10 dried ancho peppers (optional)
- 10 dried chipotle peppers (optional)
- 10 dried habanero chiles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems and seeds.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Roast peppers for 20 minutes.
- Grind in a blender or food processor until they turn to powder.
- Do not inhale the fumes or you'll be sneezing and coughing.
- This may be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months. The powder can be used straight from the freezer.