Recipe by Pneuma
from Harry Caray's Restaurant Cookbook, the official home plate of the Chicago cubs. Also used for Chicken Vesuvio.
Top Review by ~Leslie~
This is a terrific stock, very delicious and easy to make. I used it for chicken noodle soup and buns for dinner last night and everyone loved it. The rest went in the freezer for a later date. Thanks for posting! Made for Aussie Swap :)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken bones (backs, necks, breast plates)
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 celery ribs, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 10 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot at medium heat.
- Add and brown chicken bones at both sides.
- Add rest of ingredients except water and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours until liquid is reduced by 1/3.
- Strain. The stock can be frozen for later use.