Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is one of my families favorites. I hide the veggies in the soup, so my children don't even know they are eating lots of veggies and getting a healthy meal!
- 1 turnip
- 1 parsnip
- 1 leek
- 1 potato
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- Clean all vegetables, peel and put through the food processor. I grate all of the vegetables.
- Cut up the parsley and dill.
- Sauté the chicken and vegetable in the oil. Add all the remaining ingredient and let simmer for a few hours. Or put in crock pot and let cook the afternoon.
- Before you are ready to serve cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- I add some noodles to the bottom of a soup bowl and ladle the soup over the noodles.
- This soup gets better the second and third day. It also freezes very well since you are not putting the noodles into the soup. I freeze it and take out as we need.