Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This Chicken Soup is delicious and simple to make! I found the recipe in a book called "Devil's Food Cake Murder" by Joanne Fluke
- 8 cups chicken broth (or 8 cups water and 8 chicken bouillon cubes)
- 6 1⁄2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- minced fresh parsley
- Bring broth OR water and bouillon to a boil in a pot that will hold 12 to 14 cups.
- Add noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender. (Read your noodle package for the time) DO NOT DRAIN the noodles. They are part of the soup now.
- Turn the heat down to medium.
- Add the two cans of condensed cream of chicken or cream of chicken and mushroom soup. Stir them in well.
- Add the cubed chicken and stir it inches.
- Heat everything through. This should take from 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the soup is piping hot, remove it from the heat. If you're serving it all at once and everyone's ready to eat, sir in the sour cream (optional), sprinkle with fresh parsley, and ladle into soup bowls.