This Chicken Soup is delicious and simple to make! I found the recipe in a book called "Devil's Food Cake Murder" by Joanne Fluke
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups chicken broth (or 8 cups water and 8 chicken bouillon cubes)
- 6 1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- minced fresh parsley
- 1Bring broth OR water and bouillon to a boil in a pot that will hold 12 to 14 cups.
- 2Add noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender. (Read your noodle package for the time) DO NOT DRAIN the noodles. They are part of the soup now.
- 3Turn the heat down to medium.
- 4Add the two cans of condensed cream of chicken or cream of chicken and mushroom soup. Stir them in well.
- 5Add the cubed chicken and stir it inches.
- 6Heat everything through. This should take from 5 to 10 minutes.
- 7When the soup is piping hot, remove it from the heat. If you're serving it all at once and everyone's ready to eat, sir in the sour cream (optional), sprinkle with fresh parsley, and ladle into soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (3454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.3
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 1753.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 32.2 g