1/1 Photo of Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
By far the best chicken pot pie I have ever tasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Get a small, whole chicken - a fryer is good.
- 2Put the chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until the meat falls off the bones.
- 3Take the chicken out of the pot and port the broth through a strainer into a big bowl. (You will use this to make your gravy.).
- 4If you want potato and veggies in your pie, pre-cook them (except frozen veggies - just thaw them or they will be mushy).
- 5Put a pie crust in a pie pan. Lay pieces of chicken on the crust (about 4c of chicken). Put the potatoes and any veggies on top of the chicken.
- 6To make the gravy, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Slowly whisk in chicken broth. Cook over medium high heat until thickened, whisking frequently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Pour gravy on top of the chicken and veggies. Put on the top crust and crimp the edges and cut a few small vents in the top of the crust.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven, until the crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.8
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 420.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.8 g