1/34 Photos of Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is a combination of a Southern Living Recipe and my Grandmother's recipe. I used short cuts when they worked and this is a recipe that my whole family loves. Even when older kids leave for college, they beg to take some of this with them! All ages love this and the house smells great! Great comfort food! Line your oven with foil paper; there is a lot of filling. Or you can divide it and make one pot pie for now and one for later!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml potatoes, diced
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 453.59 g bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 (850.48 g) package refrigerated pie crusts (or use your favorite pie crust recipe!)
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 946.36 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Saute potatoes in margarine for 5 minutes in a Dutch oven.
- 2Add onion, celery and thawed frozen vegetables.
- 3Saute for another 10 minutes.
- 4Add flour gradually to the sauteed mixture, stirring constantly for one minute.
- 5Allow refrigerated pie crust to come to room temperature.
- 6Meanwhile, combine chicken broth and half and half.
- 7Gradually stir into the vegetable mixture.
- 8Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 9Add chopped chicken, stirring well.
- 10Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 12Spray a 9 X 13 casserole with nonstick spray.
- 13Place pie crust on the bottom of the pan to cover, cutting to fit.
- 14Pour chicken/vegetable mixture over the pie crust.
- 15Top with the remaining pie crust.
- 16Cut vents in the top crust.
- 17Bake for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (661 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1452.4
- Calories from Fat 729
- Total Fat 81.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 1942.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 48.7 g