Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are way better than the frozen nuggets you buy at the store. Hope you like them!
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Cut chicken to desired size and dip in egg/milk mixture.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt blend (I use Morton Nature's Season seasoning blend) and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in frying pan ( I use about 1/4 cup) and brown chicken on both sides. Drain on paper towel, then place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover and bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
Very basic, but a nice crust for chicken. We deep fried bite-sized pieces of chicken in canola oil, in the deep fryer for 3 minutes each batch. They weren't soggy or greasy. This is an excellent recipe for picky kids too. I served these alongside some homemade dipping sauces & everyone enjoyed it. I would probably have given it 5 stars except the ingredient list calls for "salt", only to find out in step #3 a salt BLEND is used. I chose to add a shake of Johnny's seasoning salt as well, concerned that the breading would be too salty but it wasn't. I'll just make sure I use the blend only next time. Thanks for sharing, chef!
Made for Spring PAC 2013 - This is a basic recipe I made as written, but a dandy to rely on since it is so versatile. The chicken fingers can be used as an entrée, the protein part of a luncheon salad, as picnic or camping snacks or as an appy w/dipping sauces (just to name a few). They are kid-friendly as is & will be great for my grandson when he visits, esp since they can be made-ahead & frozen for later use. What you do w/the flour mixture adds to their versatility. A Cajun spice blend, powdered Parmesan cheese, curry powder, taco seasoning w/cilantro & many other seasonings all chg the flavor profile to whatever you want. I like that kind of recipe. Thx for sharing it w/us.