Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are way better than the frozen nuggets you buy at the store. Hope you like them!
Make and share this Homemade Chicken Nuggets recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Cut chicken to desired size and dip in egg/milk mixture.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt blend (I use Morton Nature's Season seasoning blend) and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in frying pan ( I use about 1/4 cup) and brown chicken on both sides. Drain on paper towel, then place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover and bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
Very basic, but a nice crust for chicken. We deep fried bite-sized pieces of chicken in canola oil, in the deep fryer for 3 minutes each batch. They weren't soggy or greasy. This is an excellent recipe for picky kids too. I served these alongside some homemade dipping sauces & everyone enjoyed it. I would probably have given it 5 stars except the ingredient list calls for "salt", only to find out in step #3 a salt BLEND is used. I chose to add a shake of Johnny's seasoning salt as well, concerned that the breading would be too salty but it wasn't. I'll just make sure I use the blend only next time. Thanks for sharing, chef!
Made for Spring PAC 2013 - This is a basic recipe I made as written, but a dandy to rely on since it is so versatile. The chicken fingers can be used as an entrée, the protein part of a luncheon salad, as picnic or camping snacks or as an appy w/dipping sauces (just to name a few). They are kid-friendly as is & will be great for my grandson when he visits, esp since they can be made-ahead & frozen for later use. What you do w/the flour mixture adds to their versatility. A Cajun spice blend, powdered Parmesan cheese, curry powder, taco seasoning w/cilantro & many other seasonings all chg the flavor profile to whatever you want. I like that kind of recipe. Thx for sharing it w/us.