1/1 Photo of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup With Hand-Made Egg Noodles
A fast and delicious soup with the added touch of homemade egg noodles. Check out my other recipes for whole-wheat noodles, if you'd rather. Really good way to use up chicken left over from Sunday night dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, warmed 5 min in warm tap water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 49 ounces chicken broth (swanson)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large carrot, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 celery rib, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley (or 1/2 T. fresh)
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken (no skin)
- salt and pepper
- 1Wash your hands, remove any rings and get ready to get messy.
- 2Noodles: Break warmed eggs into a large bowl. Add 3/4 of the flour and mix with a wooden spoon until most of the flour is combined with the eggs. "Squish" dough through your fingers. Dough will probably be pretty sticky. Add a little more flour. Continue squishing through your fingers and kneading dough and adding small amounts of flour until dough is no longer sticky. You can add a little water if you get it too dry. The key here is to have the dough just to the point of not being sticky.
- 3Let dough rest 20-30 min (allows gluten to develop).
- 4Meanwhile, start broth and water boiling. Slice carrot, celery and onion and chop chicken. Add vegetables, chicken, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley to broth.
- 5Take rested dough and run through your pasta machine to desired thickness and cut into 1/4" wide noodles (if you don't have one, that's OK -- skip to the next step!). Cut noodles to desired length. Separate noodles and lay out to dry until veggies are tender.
- 6No pasta machine? Wipe down your counter and dry thoroughly. Dust a 1 foot circular area with all-purpose flour. Place rested dough on floured counter. Knead gently a few times. Re-flour counter and dough. Knead until pasta is smooth. Roll out with a rolling pin to 1/8" thick and cut into 1/4" thick strips with a sharp knife or pizza cutter(don't cut the counter). Cut to desired length. Separate noodles and lay out to dry until veggies are tender.
- 7When veggies are tender, add noodles and allow to boil 3-5 minutes until tender.
- 8Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- 9Portions can be frozen for later, if desired.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup With Hand-Made Egg Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 627.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 13.8 g