1/4 Photos of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup With Garlic-chili Mojo
Chicken soup is not only good for a cold, it may help prevent one! You can garnish with thin slices of ginger, garlic, lemon, or jalapeno pepper for extra immune support. This is from Delicious Living magazine. You can make the homemade stock or use chicken broth instead. Cook time does not include making stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 4 stalks celery, cut into quarters
- 4 medium carrots, cut into quarters
- 2 medium onions, cut into quarters
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1To make stock, rinse chicken parts in cold water.
- 2Put all stock ingredients, except salt, in a large stockpot.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- 4Simmer 2 hours, skimming froth from surface occasionally.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Remove chicken pieces; discard skin.
- 7Dice and save meat for soup.
- 8Strain broth and discard remaining solids.
- 9Season with salt to taste.
- 10If making ahead, refrigerate; remove any solidified fat before using.
- 11To make soup, warm 1 tbls.
- 12olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- 13Add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery.
- 14Saute 3-5 minutes.
- 15Add 6 cups chicken stock and stir.
- 16Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- 17Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- 18Add cooked chicken and cooked noodles.
- 19Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 20Remove from heat.
- 21Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 22Combine all mojo ingredients in a small bowl and stir until blended.
- 23Drizzle over hot soup.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup With Garlic-chili Mojo
Serving Size: 1 (1234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 915.2
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 223.4 mg
- Sodium 852.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 67.5 g