This is my recipe for chicken noodle soup. Everyone loves my soup on a cold day.
Make and share this Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- For Noodles: Mix egg, oil, salt, and water together.
- Add all purpose flour until it becomes a soft dough.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to very thin.
- Let dry for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into small noodle sized strips.
- For soup: Cover chicken with water in a large stove top pot.
- Add chicken broth, carrots, celery, garlic and onions.
- Boil until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken and debone.
- Place chicken back in pot.
- Add additional water to soup mixture if needed, usually about 4 cups.
- Bring soup mixture to boil and then add noodles.
- Boil soup until noodles are soft and ready to eat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
The soup and noodles are well worth the time and effort. Received raves from family.
I made this one day and my husband absolutely loved it! It was so much for just the two of us though, so I gave some to the neighbors who gave me such high compliments on it. I highly recommend this recipe to everyone else.
**Although when I made it, I used packaged egg noddles because I didn't want to make the time to make the noodles. I also used garlic clove spice as opposed to using a fresh one. I also added a square of chicken buillion (I think that's how you spell it), which I think enhanced the taste even more.**
Therese, thanks for posting! I used two large chicken breast, chicken stock was 99% fat free and no MSG, added one cup of frozen mixed veggies, 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder, did not make noodles I cheated and used store bought then adjusted servings to 6 even though there's only JustME! Its such a soothing soup not heavy nor loaded with oil. Have already added to My Star-Rating Cookbook. Going back for another cup!!!! My stars are not showing up but gave 5 star rating!!!