1/1 Photo of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Acosta's Note:
This is my mom's recipe and the ultimate comfort food for me if it's a gray fall day. It's also about a thousand times better the next day. (Reheat in a pan for best results.) If you're feeling adventurous, try adding cayenne pepper to make it a little spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chickens, quartered or 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 7 cups chicken broth (I make mine from Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base)
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 -3 celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles, old fashioned
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1Add the broth to a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the chicken and boil until cooked, about 30 minutes.
- 2Use a strainer to remove any fat or particles that rises to the top of the water.
- 3Remove the chicken from the broth and set aside on a plate to cool a little before you will debone it.
- 4Add the onion, celery, garlic pepper, crushed red pepper, cayenne, and parsley to the broth.
- 5Separate the chicken meat from the skin and bone and place the meat back in the pot. Let it simmer in a gentle boil for about 30 minutes. By the time you add the noodles, all the veggies should be soft and translucent.
- 6Add the noodles and boil until done, as per package instructions.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 520.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 24.1 g