Recipe by Southern Baking Babe
This chicken noodle soup will warm you up on those chilly summer nights.
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 4 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian spices
- 1 carrot (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped into small pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into standard pieces.
- Put the pieces of chicken in a large pot (I use one that is 12 inches tall).
- Fill the pot with enough water to cover the chicken with about 2 inches of water over the top of the chicken.
- Boil the chicken and water on high for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken starts to separate from the bone.
- Reduce the heat to low and use tongs to pull the chicken pieces out of the water, set them aside to cool.
- Add the chicken bouillon, garlic salt, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, carrots and celery (along with any other vegetables you would like) to the pot of water and let simmer on low.
- Once the chicken has cooled, pull the meat off the bones and tear or cut into pieces, and throw the pieces into the water.
- Turn the heat back up to high.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, add noodles.
- Cook until the noodles are tender.