3 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Terry Davis in Cedar City's Note:
Home make is always the best, there is not a lot of salt so if you want you can salt to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 leeks, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 small cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 14 cups water
- 2 lbs chicken
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Place all ingredients for stock in large stockpot.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- 3Partially cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Remove from heat and strain the stock through a cheesecloth-lined sieve.
- 5Shred chicken into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- 6Discard the vegetables, or run through a blender and add to stock for a creamy soup.
- 7Simmer the stock for about 20 minutes more.
- 8While the stock is cooking mix flour, salt and flax seeds in large bowl.
- 9In blender add eggs, 1 tablespoon milk, olive oil and butter mixing well.
- 10Pour ingredients from blender into flour mixture.
- 11Mix for about 10 minutes until dough is mixed well.
- 12Separate into 3 pieces and let sit covered for 15 minutes.
- 13Place one piece of dough on a floured counter and roll as thin as possible.
- 14Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into the size noodles you want.
- 15Repeat until all 3 dough balls are used.
- 16Bring stock to a rapid boil.
- 17Add all ingredients from soup list above.
- 18Add chicken.
- 19Add noodles one at a time making sure they dont stick together.
- 20Simmer for 20 minutes stirring often.
- 21Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 219.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: