Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Absolutely DELICIOUS. I found this recipe in a book called, '30-Minute Recipes From Around the World. It is actually tweaked a bit here the way I love it.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook your chicken with your favorite seasonings, even if just salt and pepper. I personally like to add garlic salt to mine.
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken, monterey jack cheese and one can of green chilies together.
- Put equal portions of the mixture onto each tortillas using a big spoon, line them up enclosed side face down in a 9x13 dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, then add flour and stir until it is smoothened. Pour in the broth and when it s boiling, continue to stir until the sauce is thick. Add in the cumin, garlic powder and the last can of green chilies, stir to mix.
- Pour all over the tortillas and top with cheddar cheese, and now you've got yourself enchiladas!
- Bake for about 15 minutes in a 375°F oven.
This was awesome! I made it exactly like the recipe said and it was very moist. The only thing I would change is to cook it a bit longer than 15 minutes. It was a little bit cooler that I would have liked. Otherwise, it was excellent!!!
This was one of my selections for PAC 2008. I used the medium size tortillas and it made up 9 over stuffed enchiladas. These are good, but they were just a little dry. If I make again I will mix up more sauce, maybe 3 cups of broth and then increase the flour and butter.