Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a lovely recipe for chinese style chicken balls. Serve with warm sweet and sour sauce and you could have ordered from a chinese food restaurant. You can use this batter for shrimp or battered won ton. Place over a bed of rice. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon melted shortening
- fat, heated to fry
- Sift flour and add baking powder, and salt.
- In separate bowl, Beat eggs and add milk and oil.
- Blend liquid mixture into dry, beat well until smooth.
- Drop diced chicken into batter.
- Spoon out and place in deep fryer or pot of hot grease over stove burner.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Remove and place in bowl lined with paper towel to soak up excess grease.
It's all about the batter and this turned out great! Not all recipes ask for egg which seems to help with the fluffiness. I used half and half veg oil and sesame oil in the batter mix.
The best chicken balls ever! soft and fluffy...i pre cooked my chicken(boiled it) so i didn't have to worry about it cooking in the batter, used only 1 egg, and left out the oil since i was deep frying in it anyways...so good!
Terrible recipe. When I made the batter it had the consistency of water. It spilled all over the basket in my deep fryer. BTW took an hour to clean.