Recipe by Lady Di Shea
This is a lovely recipe for chinese style chicken balls. Serve with warm sweet and sour sauce and you could have ordered from a chinese food restaurant. You can use this batter for shrimp or battered won ton. Place over a bed of rice. Enjoy!
Top Review by Teacher Tiff
"They were a 5000 star recipe!" Quote of the day from one of my students. We did all the math if budgeting, shopping, measuring, etc and then this cooking experience was the reward at the end. Fab taste, easy to follow.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon melted shortening
- fat, heated to fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and add baking powder, and salt.
- In separate bowl, Beat eggs and add milk and oil.
- Blend liquid mixture into dry, beat well until smooth.
- Drop diced chicken into batter.
- Spoon out and place in deep fryer or pot of hot grease over stove burner.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Remove and place in bowl lined with paper towel to soak up excess grease.