Recipe by Peter J
This was my first attempt at making home-made sausages using a sausage maker and a synthetic casing. A slight problem was the nozzle was too large for the casing so I proceeded without a casing and thought these were the best sausages I've ever tasted, even if I do say so myself.
Top Review by mhowland19_10756953
These were very flavorful and simple to make. I don't have a meat grinder so I put it all in the food processor. I shaped it into patties. We will be having these often. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 500 g chicken breasts, roughy chopped
- 2 slices streaky bacon, rind removed and roughy chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Run all ingredients through a meat grinder, return to bowl and mix again.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or so (optional).
- Put through the sausage maker attachment on meat grinder carefully guiding it onto a plate.
- Cut into desired serving size.
- Cook carefully on oiled BBQ or hotplate until cooked through, turning until browned on all sides.