Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe from my mom's Joy Of Cooking book. It is very easy, and only has half the fat of regular sausage! Also, you know what's in it (no lips and hooves)! To me, that is a major plus!
- Boil cider down to 2 or 3 tablespoons syrup in a small saucepan.
- Remove the bones from the chicken thighs, leave the fat on.
- Cut into 1" dices.
- Coarsely chop in food processor with dried apples.
- Mix the syrup, chicken and apple mixture with remaining ingredients, and squeeze the mixture with your hands until well blended.
- Will be a little sticky.
- Mold into patties and cook over medium heat until done, turning once.
- Use immediately or freeze for up to 2 months!
Sahara, Your recipe provided me with the inspiration I needed to make breakfast sausage for our Christmas morning! I used ground pork instead of the chicken and left out the dried apples because I didn't have any...But the addition of the apple juice syrup added such a wonderful flavor to the sausage, along with all the other seasonings...It was a real treat! Thanks so much for a great recipe! ---Martha :)