I got this recipe from my mom's Joy Of Cooking book. It is very easy, and only has half the fat of regular sausage! Also, you know what's in it (no lips and hooves)! To me, that is a major plus!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil cider down to 2 or 3 tablespoons syrup in a small saucepan.
- 2Remove the bones from the chicken thighs, leave the fat on.
- 3Cut into 1" dices.
- 4Coarsely chop in food processor with dried apples.
- 5Mix the syrup, chicken and apple mixture with remaining ingredients, and squeeze the mixture with your hands until well blended.
- 6Will be a little sticky.
- 7Mold into patties and cook over medium heat until done, turning once.
- 8Use immediately or freeze for up to 2 months!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Chicken and Apple Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.3
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 828.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 22.1 g