Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from my mom's Joy Of Cooking book. It is very easy, and only has half the fat of regular sausage! Also, you know what's in it (no lips and hooves)! To me, that is a major plus!
- Boil cider down to 2 or 3 tablespoons syrup in a small saucepan.
- Remove the bones from the chicken thighs, leave the fat on.
- Cut into 1" dices.
- Coarsely chop in food processor with dried apples.
- Mix the syrup, chicken and apple mixture with remaining ingredients, and squeeze the mixture with your hands until well blended.
- Will be a little sticky.
- Mold into patties and cook over medium heat until done, turning once.
- Use immediately or freeze for up to 2 months!