Top Review by lemon 'n herbs
These were really good! Very chewy, just like the name promised. I used 1/4 c honey and 1/4 c karo, will cut back on the brown sugar and just stick with the honey next time as there were quite sweet and I think they'd still be good with less. love the peanut butter and the fact there's no flour added. Saw another recipe that used flax meal, may try that instead of the wheat germ. This recipe is so versatile, the options are endless! I gave a lot of these away so I could make another batch with nuts! I cut them small so when I go back for the second one there's no guilt! Thanks so much for posting.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine brown sugar,peanut butter,corn syrup,margarine and vanilla,blend well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Press evenly into greased pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 hour.
- Cut into bars.